Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sunscreen Introduction, Sun Damaging rays and SPF protection



   While watching the sunscreen videos (sunscreen introduction, sun damaging rays and sun protection) I learned a few things that surprised me.
   I couldn’t believe that water resistant labels only work for such a short period of time. Does anyone really re-apply every 40-80 minutes? I know I never have I usually don’t reapply until I start looking a bit pink.
   Also it’s amazing that labels can be printed containing information that is so false such as “All day protection.” I will now be more aware when purchases SPF’s and reading back of labels. I always just paid attention to amount of SPF coverage and that was it?
   Another surprise was that a thin layer of lotion would not be as affect. Which made me wonder if there is a big difference in spray sunscreens verses lotions? I know the majority of people today use a spray sunscreen for convenience but is it really as affective as a thick coat of lotion?
I am obsessed with the sun and spend any moment I soaking it up. I still can’t believe I didn’t know some of the information about sunscreen protection.


Cutaneous: relating to, or affecting the skin.

Epidermis is the outer, protective, non vascular layer of the skin of vertebrates, covering the dermis.

Dermis is the sensitive connective tissue layer of the skin located below the epidermis, containing nerve endings, sweat and sebaceous glands, and blood and

Lymph vessel is a thin tube that carries lymph (lymphatic fluid) and white blood cells through the lymphatic system

Blister is a small bubble on the skin filled with serum and caused by friction, burning, or other damage.



1 comment:

  1. It is true that we need to do research for ourselves :-). Thank you for your good work.

    ReplyDelete